Whether starting out on the property ladder or moving to a forever home, people in the market for a new house will often set their expectations high and get discouraged with something less than perfect.
Research shows that the list of turn offs¸ including dingy paintwork and damp, to no parking and evidence of pets, can narrow down the search when it comes to the ideal home.
A recent survey looking at second hand homes has also listed a lack of outdoor space, poor internet signal and even nuisance neighbours as issues that could mean No Sale.
However, when it comes to ticking all the positive boxes, Linden Homes (part of Vistry Group) has it all – clean, spacious, light and airy, cleverly designed new homes with garden, garage or allocated parking in a newly formed community.
Linden Homes marketing manager Megan Marshall said: “While aspects like a stylish, functional kitchen with space saving elements and a new cooker, along with shiny new bathroom or ensuite with separate shower still very much have their place on a customer’s property wish list, house buyers have become more discerning when it comes to choosing their new home.
“At Linden Homes, our aim is to meet all the demands not only with attractive features associated with a new build property, but to offer extras that second hand homes may not have; this could include parking, attractive exteriors, pleasant vistas from other parts of the development, double glazing and utility connections – all of which our sales teams regularly get asked about by prospective buyers.”
Designed with the modern buyer in mind, many of the new homes throughout the company’s Yorkshire developments also include open plan living and dining spaces with bi-fold doors to maximise the use of the space, as well as energy saving elements to keep utility costs down while also being kinder to the environment.
Megan added: “Another great element of buying a new home is having the opportunity not only to picture where it sits within the development, but also experience the excitement of visiting a show home, with its attention to detail and beautiful interior colour scheme which can offer inspiration on flexible use of the rooms.”
Other benefits of buying new include:
- Carefully planned locations accounting for access to schools, transport links and local amenities.
- Energy saving fittings and features including water saving toilet flushes and thermostat-controlled heating.
- A shiny new boiler means you don’t have the worry of an older boiler breaking down in the winter.
- Lockable double-glazed windows will save you money, keep you warmer and add security to the home.
- Brand new guttering, recommended loft insulation and sturdy roof tiles.
- Automatic connection to a gas main supply so there is no need to consider multiple utility options.
- A dedicated garage or allocated parking space.
- The vast majority of new homes come with an insurance-backed 10-year guarantee giving new owners real peace of mind. That’s something else you simply can’t get when buying second-hand.
To find out where Linden Homes is building in your area visit www.lindenhomes.co.uk/yorkshire