The Lincoln Tank Memorial is finally complete with a new interpretation board and bench, which has been added to the historic memorial.
The structure is situated on the Tritton Road roundabout and celebrates the Lincoln engineers that worked to invent the tank in 1915. The memorial is there to celebrate the heritage, with a lot of local residents unaware that the tank was first built in the city.
The board gives brief overview of Sir William Ashbee Tritton, Major Walter Gordon Wilson and William Rigby, with all three men seen as pioneers behind the tank creation.
The types of tanks that were created in the city are also on the board as well as more information on the memorial itself. The Lincoln Memorial Group have added the interpretation board and the bench before handing it over to the City of Lincoln Council.
The new bench and the interpretation board puts the finishing touch to the memorial and has left everyone relieved that it is complete after all of the hard work that went into putting it in place. There have been visitors to see the memorial from all around the world and it is hoped that more people will visit the tribute to the city in the years to come.