Alford Craft Market is a not for profit organisation promoting Lincolnshire Crafts with craft events, a shop and craft classes.
Please find attached our poster for this year’s Working Craft Weekend, which takes place in the grounds of Alford Manor House over the three days of the Spring Bank Holiday weekend on the 27th, 28th and 29th of May.
Our theme is Basket Making, a traditional Lincolnshire craft that thrived in previous years in our area because of the availability of willow and reed.
We have invited Basket makers from France, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire to come and demonstrate and teach their craft. Our special guest will be Bernard Bennaval, a Master Basket maker from France who will be bringing some of his extraordinary basket pieces to display.
Also attending will be:
- Angela Cole, willow work, demonstrations and workshops;
- Allison Walling, willow, demonstrations
- Dan Turner, willow, demonstrations and workshops
- Sally Boyner, exhibiting basket pieces of special interest
- Susi Mulligan, willow demonstrations and workshops
- John Hollis, rustic furniture, hazel, demonstrations
- Charlotte Martin, basket making for children in Fimo Clay.
There will be baskets for sale as well as many of the other great quality craft stalls that our market offers, both inside in the Alford Manor House marquee and outside in the grounds.
The Alford Manor House will be open for refreshments throughout the weekend, and as an added bonus there will be an exhibition of handmade quilts there on a theme of Sir Isaac Newton made by LINQS – the Lincolnshire quilters.