Summer is one of the most popular times for looking for a new home, but many who start their search feel daunted by the sheer choice of new homes on offer.
One leading house builder has put together some top tips so that you can house hunt with a clear goal in mind and find ‘the’ brand new home of your dreams.
Steve McElroy, Sales Director at Miller Homes Yorkshire advised:
We really want people to understand the mechanics of house buying and think about the future, not just about the present, so that the process delivers everything they hoped for.
Buying any home is both a financial and often emotional commitment and we really want homeowners to ensure they find a home that suits their requirements and that they enjoy their house buying journey.
Miller Homes’ top tips include:
- Have a budget in mind which will allow you to live in your home too. There’s no point having a dream home if you can’t enjoy it.
- Know what you want from your house. Do you want a large open plan family space or a separate dining room? Would an extra bathroom make mornings easier?
- How much space do you really need? Is your family liable to increase or decrease any time soon?
- Do you have the facilities nearby to make life easier such as shopping and leisure, health care and schools if required?
Furthermore, buying a brand new home can deliver a myriad of advantages which can make the prospect of owning one even more appealing.
- New properties can alleviate costly repair and reduce energy bills due to more efficient appliances and the latest in build techniques and insulation products.
- Financial assistance is often available helping everyone from first time buyers to those looking to downsize.
- It’s a chance to be part of a whole new community.
- Show homes provide inspiration for turning your brand new property into your personally designed home.
Miller Homes is committed to helping buyers from all walks of life and we support this by offering purchase incentives and knowledgeable sales advisers at all our developments.
This ensures that our buyers find their perfect home which they can afford, enjoy and live in for many years to come.
Miller Homes currently has nine developments located across the region. With properties ranging from one bedroom apartments priced from £69,995 at its Stonebridge Fold development to five bedroom executive homes priced from £830,000 at its Harlow One development in Harrogate.
The housebuilder has recently opened its Wetherby development, Privas Court, with three further developments due to open this year.
Further information can be found by visiting www.millerhomes.co.uk