Batemans, the family brewer based in Lincolnshire, has launched its seasonal beer menu for 2016 and designed six new pump clips to go alongside the beers.
The unique 12 drink offering features beers that are brewed using both English and American style hops and are of varying styles, colours, strengths and tastes. It includes delicious beers such as Summer Swallow; a light, golden beer, brewed with lager malts and ‘late hopped’ with Chinook and Galaxy, giving hints of orange and vanilla, and old festive favourite, Rosey Nosey, which is a 4.9% ABV dark amber beer, filled with rich, fruity, sultana raisin flavours.
Other highlights are Silver Hare, a 3.8% ABV amber beer, silky and well balanced using English Pale and Crystal malts combined with English Challenger and Golding hops; and Texan Triple Hop, a triple fermented amber beer full of three classic hops: Cascade, Golding and Challenger.
Additionally, Batemans have revealed six new beer clips that will be used with the seasonal beers. This includes new clips for the Dark Lord, the East Coast Screamer, Hooker, Pilgrim Fathers, Valiant and the Silver Hare. The design of the clips has a vintage feel and is in keeping with the Batemans’ heritage, mirroring the shape of the windmill and sail that can be found at Batemans brewery.
Stuart Bateman, managing director at Batemans Brewery, said:
We are thrilled to announce our seasonal beers list for 2016. So many of our customers enjoy drinking these beers throughout the year, and it further encourages our drinkers to extend their pallets and try different types of ales.
The range of beers demonstrates our ability to brew different styles of ales, and this is a credit to our talented brewers. As a company we felt it was important to reflect the heritage of Batemans in the design of our beer merchandise, and this has been achieved with our new beer clips, which we are all really proud of.
Tasting notes for the seasonal beers from Batemans can be found below:
- Dark Lord – 4.4% ABV. Dark ruby, with a rich, nutty flavour and spicy, bitter/sweet finish. Brewed with Chocolate, Barley and Wheat malts and blended with Styrian Golding hops.
- Hooker – 4.5% ABV. Golden beer, with a citrus and spicy character from the Jester and Chinook hops. Infused with Pale Ale malt from Yorkshire to give it a fresh crispness.
- East Coast Screamer – 4.0% ABV. A copper coloured beer which is powerfully hopped with American Chinook before extended barrel aging.
- Silver Hare – 3.8% ABV. English style, silky, amber beer, well balanced by English Pale and Crystal malts combined with English Challenger and Golding hops.
- Pilgrim Fathers IPA – 4.4% ABV. Lincolnshire Pale malt blended with American Pilgrim hops, producing a light and fresh, American Pale Ale, which has been slowly aged.
- Valiant – 4.2% ABV. Pale, refreshing beer brewed with a combination of lager and crystal malts and steeped in Styrian Goldings, giving a light fruity flavour, laced with citrus.
- Summer Swallow – 3.9% ABV. Light, golden beer, brewed with lager malts and ‘late hopped’ with Chinook and Galaxy, giving hints of orange and vanilla.
- QED – 4% ABV. Amber, triple malt beer, brewed with Pale, Crystal and Chocolate malts, combined with Golding, Challenger and Bramling Cross hops soaked into the mash extract, giving an exquisite hop/malt balance.
- Texan Triple Hop – 4.2% ABV. Triple hop, triple fermented! Amber beer banged full of three classic hops: Cascade, Golding and Challenger. If you like hops you’ll love Triple Hop!
- Lincoln Red – 5% ABV. Polished, red beer stacked full of four different malts; Pale, Wheat, Crystal and Chocolate malts and given a hint of fruitiness by the English Bramling Cross hops.
- Colonel’s Whiskers – 4.3% ABV. Barrel aged and brimming with roasted malt and fruity, nutty flavours from the charred black Yorkshire malt.
- Rosey Nosey – 4.9% ABV. ‘The old favourite ‘ – Dark amber and full of rich, fruity, sultana raisin flavours from the Golding and Challenger hops blended with Crystal and Chocolate, Norfolk malts.
To find out more about Batemans, please visit www.bateman.co.uk or call 01754 880317