North Lincolnshire Council is set to carry out resurfacing work on Doncaster Road in Scunthorpe from Saturday 12 March to improve the road surface for drivers.
The £100,000 investment will see the road resurfaced from the traffic lights near North Lincolnshire Retail Park to Berkeley Circle.
The schedule for the resurfacing work is as follows:
- Saturday 12 March from 6pm to Sunday 13 March at 6am – temporary traffic lights
- Sunday 13 March from 5pm to Monday 14 March at 6am – road closure
- Saturday 19 March from 7pm to Sunday 20 March at 6am – temporary traffic lights
- Sunday 20 March from 5pm to Monday 21 March at 6am – road closure
- Sunday 27 March from 7pm to Monday 28 March at 6am – temporary traffic lights
Cllr Neil Poole, cabinet member for Neighbourhoods, said:
The resurfacing work is part of our road improvement programme to ensure our roads in North Lincolnshire are safe for road users. We will be carrying out the work at weekends throughout the night to ensure that disruption is kept to a minimum as we recognise this is one of the main thoroughfares for many people going in and out of Scunthorpe.