Staff at a Lincolnshire group of children’s nurseries are celebrating after receiving another ‘Outstanding’ grading from Ofsted.
Mon Ami Nursery in Alford was deemed to be outstanding after an inspector visited on 3rd February 2016. It was also given an outstanding rating the last time it was inspected by Ofsted in 2009.
This is the sixth time Mon Ami Nurseries have been rated outstanding by Ofsted. All three nurseries (at Boston, Swineshead and Alford) are currently outstanding and the fourth, which opened in Wragby last year, has yet to be inspected.
The Ofsted report, which can be found here, highlighted several areas of strength at Mon Ami in Alford, including:
- The strong and particularly effective management team frequently reviews the provision
- Well qualified staff demonstrate a deep understanding of how children learn
- Teaching is often creative and inspiring
- All children make excellent progress in their learning and development
- The quality of teaching across the nursery is excellent
- Children are motivated and eager to explore and develop a thirst for knowledge
- Children develop exceptionally strong attachments with the caring and attentive staff
- Children behave extremely well and are very polite
- Parents particularly comment about the outstanding help they receive to support their
- child’s learning at home
Kristina Johnson, Senior Nursery Manager at Mon Ami, said the outstanding rating was down to the experience and hard work of the staff and the commitment of the company to excellence:
What makes our nurseries a first choice for parents is the unique combination of long-serving, dedicated and qualified nursery staff looking after children in high-quality nursery settings.
Like all of our settings, our nursery in Alford benefits from a beautiful, inspiring yet homely environment with amazing gardens which make the ideal place for children to learn and explore through play.
Samantha Britton, who owns Mon Ami with her husband Jarrod, added:
As well thanking and paying tribute to our talented and dedicated staff, we would also like to thank our parents for taking the time to talk to the Ofsted inspector and share their thoughts on our nursery.